Accounts have been set up for each clubs President and Secretary, as well as other District Leaders. Please email email@example.com to have the login instructions sent to you. Please state your name, Club name and your position in the club when emailing.
Using the new Alabama Kiwanis email account for club and District Leaders is easy. At present an account has been set up for each club president and secretary and many other officers. To obtain your new email address, login and password, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Club and Role. Login instructions with the above information will be sent to you within 24 hours.
You can login to the Alabama Kiwanis email from the District Website - alabama.kiwanis.org Just click on the Club Email Admin link on the left column. The first time you login, you will need to agree to the terms of service. After doing this you will have almost unlimited access to email storage and functionality. You will also have access to a calendar that you can share, as well as Google Docs, which allows you to collaborate and share documents that would be helpful for members in your club.
As always, I am always available for assistance. Simply email me at email@example.com or call me at (205) 201-0122 and I will walk you through any issue that you may be having. You may also watch video tutorials for Gmail and other Google products that you now have access to by visiting: http://services.google.com/apps/resources/overviews/welcome/topicWelcome/index.html
Forwarding your alkiwanis.org email to your home email account
Gmail lets you automatically forward incoming mail to another address, if you'd like.
Here's how to forward messages automatically:
1. Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page, and open the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
2. From the first drop-down menu in the Forwarding section, select 'Add new email address.'
3. Enter the email address to which you'd like your messages forwarded.
4. For your security, we'll send a verification to that email address.
5. Open your forwarding email account, and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team.
6. Click the verification link in that email.
7. Back in your Gmail account, select the 'Forward a copy of incoming mail to...' option and select your forwarding address from the drop-down menu.
8. Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep Gmail's copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to All Mail or Trash.
9. Click Save Changes.
You also can set up filters to forward messages that meet specific criteria. You can create 20 filters that forward to other addresses. You can maximize your filtered forwarding by combining filters that send to the same address.